Friday 31 October 2014

What would put you off a game that is announced ?

So you catch the first look of a new game or trailer and you think this game looks great the idea is good the setting is awesome but they mention that one thing that just puts you off.

This is purely a subjective list but i will try to explain on why the things put me off

The 3 dreaded letters MMO that really puts me off. I have played Mmo's before and have enjoyed them but i have seen many projects that i just feel would have been alot better without the mmo trappings.

Android/Mobile etc seen quite a few times on kickstarter games that looked promising but were aiming for android or mobile gaming first and that really puts off as i always think they would be cutdown affairs.

Turn based. Now this is a personal thing but i have always preferred real time to turn based game play i think probably more to do with my attention span and patience rather then anything wrong with turn based games.

Multiplayer focused. I think this is a combination of me having poor broadband and the fact that i have to really rely on other people for the enjoyment of a game. I would much rather have a solid single player game.

If anyone has more please comment

No comments:

Post a Comment