Saturday 1 August 2015

Windows 10

Recently got a new SSD drive and a copy of windows 8.1 in preparation for windows 10 but thought i would give my opinions on it.

But first my opinions of other versions of windows.

Xp: Good

Vista: Rubbish

7: Good

8 and 8.1 Good but needed tweaking to get it to a level i liked.




So Installing windows 10 was a breeze i had it on a usb stick and ran it while still in windows 8.1 and it just did its thing and what impressed me was it kept all my programs and short cuts and even pinned programs to the task bar as well (though i would always say make sure you back it up).

Starting it up every thing ran smoothly and quickly and now we have a decent start menu in the bottom left hand which is a hybrid of the classic one and the new one finding your software is easy.




After i had a look i realized i had a problem...it installed the wrong drivers for my graphics card and it would not let me install them manually so had a browse online and this page helped me http://www.custompcguide.net/2-methods-to-fix-nvidia-installer-failed-issue-for-geforce-video-cards/

After that though i was sorted. So initial thoughts are the interface is clean and smooth i have played a some games on steam with no issue, had no hardware issues even the software i used for using my PS4 controller worked fine, searching for files seems a lot better then before and it does feel like especially with the task bar they make much better use of the screen estate.



So thumbs up from me so far will do another blog later on if there are any issues or cool things i find.

No comments:

Post a Comment