Saturday 11 October 2014

Resolution and frame rates

With all this talk about resolutions and frame rates i thought i would give my two cents about it. Recently my 1080p monitor broke and i had to use a old monitor i had which was 720p and to be honest after a period of time i got used to it. Now granted when i get a new monitor i will probably notice the difference but for now its good enough.

Frame rates though that i do notice a lot more i really notice low frame rates and things like microstuttering (where even if the frame rate is say a 60fps but its not a constant speed) i really love a smooth frame rate in games i find it makes the experience better (also because if there is more frames per second the controls can be more responsive

Ubisoft saying with the new assassins creed having a 30fps to make a more cinematice experience to me is like peter jackson saying the hobbit is 48ps to have better gameplay. In my mind i do not play games solely for the cinematic feel.

In the end for me though frames per second is not the be and end all as long as the game plays well enough that is good for me

No comments:

Post a Comment